07 Mar Injured While On Vacation In Las Vegas? Here’s What To Do.
Every year thousands of tourists and visitors come to Las Vegas on vacation. Some of them come at specific times like Spring Break, because that is a specific time when the hotels and casinos will be catering to people who share your lifestyle by hosting events and parties that are designed specifically to give you what you want. Other times people simply choose to come to Vegas because the seasons are slower when you can get better rates on hotels, or busier when there will be more people in town. Some come for the rodeo, and some come for boxing matches. Now that we have professional sports in Vegas, people come in for Golden Knights games, and next year they will start coming in to see the Raiders play. No matter why you are here, there is a chance you are going to get hurt while you are visiting. The chances of you being injured are probably greater than even back home, because not only are there more people here who are drinking and unfamiliar with the city, there are also far more areas that are owned by corporations and businesses, where it is their job to make sure that you are not injured while you are there. Because of the increased numbers of services and service workers, things go wrong far more than in some sleepy little town. In Vegas, bigger things happen than in other places, and bigger injuries happen as well. Just because the casinos and hotels are owned by huge corporations with lots of money and lawyers who work for them does not mean that you can’t beat them in court, and it doesn’t mean that you should not be compensated if you get hurt by their actions.
So here are some ways to prepare for accidents that could happen while you are in Las Vegas, as well as what you can do if an accident does happen:
- Before you ever leave home on a vacation to Las Vegas, make sure that you snap pictures on your phone of the following items: Your health insurance card, your auto insurance card and any lists of important personal information like allergies or medical conditions. All of these things will then be on your person as long as your phone is with you, which it probably will be because you will be taking lots of pictures. All of these documents will potentially be necessary if you are involved in an accident, either on the grounds of a business or hotel, or in a rental car. Prepare ahead for any situation by always having these things as well as your license or passport on you.
If you are involved in an accident in Las Vegas, here is what you need to do:
- Make sure that police of security of the property is called to the scene of the accident. This will assure all parties that any critical evidence or information is noted.
- Take lots of pictures of everything involved in the accident, including yourself and any other people involved. Take pictures of the weather conditions, any cars involved and license plates, the roads, witnesses and their vehicles, traffic signals, where the accident happened, any signs around the area and anything that may have caused your injury like water on a floor or loose carpeting.
- If you are injured, go to the hospital immediately and use your own insurance. Make sure that the hospital is aware of any medical conditions and make sure that all charts and records are updated accurately.
- Photograph injuries. Make sure that you take photos immediately of your injuries including blood and lacerations. You will also want to photograph them at the hospital and ongoing after the discharge as well.
- Call THE VEGAS LAWYERS immediately at 702-707-7000.
The main types of accidents that we will see involving tourists in Las Vegas are:
- Swimming pool or hot tub injuries and drownings on hotel properties. These include slip and fall injuries at hotel pools.
- Security injuries including violence on the part of security guards or negligent security guards.
- Criminal acts by business employees including theft, sexual assault and assault and battery.
- Vehicle accidents involving rental cars, public or private transport vehicles, buses and other rented vehicles.
- Accidents using personal watercraft items like jet-skis and watercraft.
- Accidents involving amusement park or hotel attractions, and the failure of the facility to provide proper upkeep of these attractions.
- Accidents involving hotel elevators and escalators, including slip and fall accidents on these forms of transport.
While this is certainly not an exhaustive list of all the potential ways you might be injured while you are in Las Vegas, it represents the kinds of cases we see a lot. The important thing to remember is that if you have been injured while you are on vacation, you have rights and you can bring a lawsuit against the party responsible for your injuries. You have the right to compensation for your injuries, and you should not have to settle for what they offer you.
We are on your side and we will fight to get you what is yours. The house doesn’t always win in Vegas, especially when THE VEGAS LAWYERS are fighting for you. Hire a Las Vegas personal injury law firm that knows what this town is capable of, and put us to work for you.